Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the spi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 11:08:25 +1000

Hi Mark,

After merging the spi tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/spi/spi-imx.c: In function 'spi_imx_can_dma':
drivers/spi/spi-imx.c:241:9: error: 'struct spi_imx_data' has no member named 'dynamic_burst'
  spi_imx->dynamic_burst = 0;
         ^

Caused by commit

  09b3ed2d5916 ("spi: imx: Revert "spi: imx: dynamic burst length adjust for PIO mode"")

interacting with commit

  1ce1c618e6b5 ("spi: imx: only allow dynamic burst in PIO mode")

from a separate topic branch and not fixing it up in the merge. Although
that second commit could never have built anyway on its own :-(

I have used the spi tree from next-20170523 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell