Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 18:14:11 +1000

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (sparc
defconfig) failed like this:

arch/sparc/mm/extable.c:16:1: error: conflicting types for 'search_extable'
 search_extable(const struct exception_table_entry *start,
 ^
In file included from arch/sparc/mm/extable.c:6:0:
include/linux/extable.h:11:1: note: previous declaration of 'search_extable' was here
 search_extable(const struct exception_table_entry *first,
 ^

Caused by commit

  222785199d50 ("lib/extable.c: use bsearch() library function in search_extable()")

This would also affect the sh architecture.  Grep is your friend.  I am
not sure why they have separate implementations.

I have reverted that commit (and its following fixup) for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell