Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kspp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:56:55 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the kspp tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

security/apparmor/file.c: In function 'aa_path_link':
security/apparmor/file.c:475:23: error: positional initialization of field in 'struct' declared with 'designated_init' attribute [-Werror=designated-init]
  struct path link = { new_dir->mnt, new_dentry };
                       ^
security/apparmor/file.c:475:23: note: (near initialization for 'link')
security/apparmor/file.c:475:37: error: positional initialization of field in 'struct' declared with 'designated_init' attribute [-Werror=designated-init]
  struct path link = { new_dir->mnt, new_dentry };
                                     ^
security/apparmor/file.c:475:37: note: (near initialization for 'link')
security/apparmor/file.c:476:25: error: positional initialization of field in 'struct' declared with 'designated_init' attribute [-Werror=designated-init]
  struct path target = { new_dir->mnt, old_dentry };
                         ^
security/apparmor/file.c:476:25: note: (near initialization for 'target')
security/apparmor/file.c:476:39: error: positional initialization of field in 'struct' declared with 'designated_init' attribute [-Werror=designated-init]
  struct path target = { new_dir->mnt, old_dentry };
                                       ^
security/apparmor/file.c:476:39: note: (near initialization for 'target')

Caused by commit

  1a12979f61e4 ("randstruct: Mark various structs for randomization")

interacting with commit

  8014370f1257 ("apparmor: move path_link mediation to using labels")

from the security tree.

I added the following merge fix patch for today:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:50:36 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] apparmor: put back designators in struct initialisers

Fixes: 8014370f1257 ("apparmor: move path_link mediation to using labels")
Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 security/apparmor/file.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/security/apparmor/file.c b/security/apparmor/file.c
index b6e8e5b11e05..3382518b87fa 100644
--- a/security/apparmor/file.c
+++ b/security/apparmor/file.c
@@ -472,8 +472,8 @@ static int profile_path_link(struct aa_profile *profile,
 int aa_path_link(struct aa_label *label, struct dentry *old_dentry,
 		 const struct path *new_dir, struct dentry *new_dentry)
 {
-	struct path link = { new_dir->mnt, new_dentry };
-	struct path target = { new_dir->mnt, old_dentry };
+	struct path link = { .mnt = new_dir->mnt, .dentry = new_dentry };
+	struct path target = { .mnt = new_dir->mnt, .dentry = old_dentry };
 	struct path_cond cond = {
 		d_backing_inode(old_dentry)->i_uid,
 		d_backing_inode(old_dentry)->i_mode
-- 
2.11.0

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell