Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the gpio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:09:34 +1000

Hi Linus,

After merging the gpio tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c: In function 'dwapb_irq_set_type':
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:2: error: stray '\357' in program
  if （type != IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_BOTH）
  ^
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:2: error: stray '\274' in program
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:2: error: stray '\210' in program
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:8: error: expected '(' before 'type'
  if （type != IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_BOTH）
        ^
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:8: warning: statement with no effect [-Wunused-value]
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:8: error: stray '\357' in program
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:8: error: stray '\274' in program
drivers/gpio/gpio-dwapb.c:291:8: error: stray '\211' in program

Caused by commit

  a9d21d8da766 ("gpio: dwapb: fix missing first irq for edgeboth irq type")

It looks like those '(' ')' chars are not what they seem ...

I have used the gpio tree from next-20170620 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell