Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] test_sysctl: fix up merge conflicts

From: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:44:25 -0700

Andrew,

as requested, this addresses the merge conflict present on kselftest/next on
linux-next. The merge conflict was caused by Orson Zhai's patch titled,
"tools/testing/selftests/sysctl: Add pre-check to the value of writes_strict"
and my changes which shuffled the script around. I've made Orson's check a
function, and integrated his exit strategy to restore the production sysctl
writes_strict setting. To do this I've also added a PROD_SYCTL, which now users
can also override through an environment variable.

These changes are also present on my linux-next 20170630-test-sysctl branch
based on linux-next next20170630 [0]. If there are any questionms please let me
know.

[0] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux-next.git/log/?h=20170630-test-sysctl

  Luis

Luis R. Rodriguez (6):
  test_sysctl: add dedicated proc sysctl test driver
  test_sysctl: add generic script to expand on tests
  test_sysctl: test against PAGE_SIZE for int
  test_sysctl: add simple proc_dointvec() case
  test_sysctl: add simple proc_douintvec() case
  test_sysctl: test against int proc_dointvec() array support

 lib/Kconfig.debug                               |  11 +
 lib/Makefile                                    |   1 +
 lib/test_sysctl.c                               | 148 +++++
 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/Makefile         |   3 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/common_tests     | 131 ----
 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/config           |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/run_numerictests |  10 -
 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/run_stringtests  |  77 ---
 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/sysctl.sh        | 774 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 936 insertions(+), 220 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 lib/test_sysctl.c
 delete mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/common_tests
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/config
 delete mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/run_numerictests
 delete mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/run_stringtests
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/sysctl/sysctl.sh

-- 
2.11.0