Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with Linus' tree

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 18:10:50 +0300

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 10:33:54AM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
> So, you need to take your pick.  Do you want continuous development, or
> do you want me bending over backwards to try and avoid your company's
> endless stream of conflicts so Linus isn't yelling about that?

Doug,

You are mixing my warning of merge conflict in mlx4 code, which we never
prepared for shared code and whole Mellanox submissions (IPoIB, mlx5,
core, e.t.c).

To make long story short, if you can assure that public branches will be
updated in WEEKLY manner, I'll do everything internally FOR ALL RDMA
related stuff (and not mlx5 only) to avoid merge conflicts, and you will
get clean and ready apply topics exactly as DaveM receiving,

It works pretty well for rdma-core, once the discussion is stopped,
we are checking go/no-go and applying or asking to resubmit. For very
major changes, the delay is a little bit longer.

So yes, I prefer truly continuous development over unclear future.

Thanks