Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the nvdimm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 17:34:25 +1000

Hi Dan,

After merging the nvdimm tree, today's linux-next build (i386 defconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/dax/super.c:64:20: error: redefinition of 'fs_dax_get_by_bdev'
 struct dax_device *fs_dax_get_by_bdev(struct block_device *bdev)
                    ^
In file included from drivers/dax/super.c:22:0:
include/linux/dax.h:76:34: note: previous definition of 'fs_dax_get_by_bdev' was here
 static inline struct dax_device *fs_dax_get_by_bdev(struct block_device *bdev)
                                  ^ 

Caused by commit

  78f354735081 ("dax: introduce a fs_dax_get_by_bdev() helper")

The protection in drivers/dax/super.c is CONFIG_BLOCK, while in
include/linux/dax.h it is IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_FS_DAX) and the Makefile
uses CONFIG_DAX.

I have reverted that commit and the following 3 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell