Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the mips tree with the pci-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:01:14 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the mips tree got a conflict in:

  arch/mips/pci/pci-octeon.c

between commit:

  19a8d6b7604d ("MIPS: PCI: Move map_irq() hooks out of initdata")

from the pci-current tree and commit:

  8eba3651f1da ("MIPS: PCI: fix pcibios_map_irq section mismatch")

from the mips tree.

I fixed it up (basically the same patch - I used the pci-current tree
version) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned
to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.
You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell