Subject: Re: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 12:42:35 -0700

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 06:17:24PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 06:05:40PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> 
> > caused by 669f98e232aa6f77bd60 ("drivers/firmware/tegra: Convert
> > ACCESS_ONCE() to READ_ONCE()") in the rcu tree.  I've reverted to the
> > RCU version from September 28th (which is already in Linus' tree).
> 
> BTW there were also a bunch of merge issues that I sent out mails for
> but they seem to have gone AWOL somewhere, don't know if you got them :/

Hello, Mark,

I did get three of them, thank you!  The one involving rcu_irq_enter()
is because one of my commits hit mainline early, so I will need to rebase
to get things straightened out.  Almost all of the ACCESS_ONCE() commits
are going away, courtesy of Mark Rutland's Coccinelle script.  The one
involving the timer will be resolved by my updating my diagnostic commit.

All in all, I should have left some of these commits out of rcu/next,
apologies for the noise!

							Thanx, Paul