Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 17:10:07 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/block/amiflop.c

between commit:

  f37ecbfc238b ("amifloppy: Convert timers to use timer_setup()")

from the block tree and commit:

  3c557df67257 ("timer: Remove meaningless .data/.function assignments")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the former version of the motor_on_callback
definition) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell