Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the regmap tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:57:12 +1100

Hi Mark,

After merging the regmap tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `regmap_unlock_hwlock':
regmap.c:(.text+0x13a5): undefined reference to `__hwspin_unlock'
drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `regmap_unlock_hwlock_irq':
regmap.c:(.text+0x13d8): undefined reference to `__hwspin_unlock'
drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `regmap_unlock_hwlock_irqrestore':
regmap.c:(.text+0x140a): undefined reference to `__hwspin_unlock'
drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `regmap_lock_hwlock':
regmap.c:(.text+0x144a): undefined reference to `__hwspin_lock_timeout'
drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `regmap_lock_hwlock_irq':
regmap.c:(.text+0x148d): undefined reference to `__hwspin_lock_timeout'
drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `regmap_lock_hwlock_irqsave':
regmap.c:(.text+0x14cf): undefined reference to `__hwspin_lock_timeout'
drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `__regmap_init':
(.text+0x5139): undefined reference to `hwspin_lock_free'
drivers/base/regmap/regmap.o: In function `__regmap_init':
(.text+0x5e25): undefined reference to `hwspin_lock_request_specific'

Presumably caused by commit

  8698b9364710 ("regmap: Add hardware spinlock support")

Note that CONFIG_HWSPINLOCK=m for this build, but CONFIG_REGMAP=y

I have used the version of the regmap tree from next-20171018 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell