Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:42:06 +1100

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/mmzone.h:17:0,
                 from include/linux/mempolicy.h:10,
                 from mm/mempolicy.c:70:
mm/mempolicy.c: In function 'mpol_to_str':
include/linux/nodemask.h:107:41: warning: the address of 'nodes' will always evaluate as 'true' [-Waddress]
 #define nodemask_pr_args(maskp) (maskp) ? MAX_NUMNODES : 0, (maskp) ? (maskp)->bits : NULL
                                         ^
mm/mempolicy.c:2817:11: note: in expansion of macro 'nodemask_pr_args'
           nodemask_pr_args(&nodes));
           ^
include/linux/nodemask.h:107:69: warning: the address of 'nodes' will always evaluate as 'true' [-Waddress]
 #define nodemask_pr_args(maskp) (maskp) ? MAX_NUMNODES : 0, (maskp) ? (maskp)->bits : NULL
                                                                     ^
mm/mempolicy.c:2817:11: note: in expansion of macro 'nodemask_pr_args'
           nodemask_pr_args(&nodes));
           ^

Introduced by commit

  b2c1ed23bdc1 ("mm: simplify nodemask printing")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell