Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:54:24 +1100

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/printk.h:7:0,
                 from include/linux/kernel.h:14,
                 from lib/test_find_bit.c:28:
lib/test_find_bit.c: In function 'test_find_first_bit':
include/linux/kern_levels.h:5:18: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'cycles_t {aka long long unsigned int}' [-Wformat=]
 #define KERN_SOH "\001"  /* ASCII Start Of Header */
                  ^
include/linux/kern_levels.h:11:18: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_SOH'
 #define KERN_ERR KERN_SOH "3" /* error conditions */
                  ^
include/linux/printk.h:300:9: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_ERR'
  printk(KERN_ERR pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
         ^
lib/test_find_bit.c:54:2: note: in expansion of macro 'pr_err'
  pr_err("find_first_bit:\t\t%ld cycles,\t%ld iterations\n", cycles, cnt);
  ^
lib/test_find_bit.c: In function 'test_find_next_bit':
include/linux/kern_levels.h:5:18: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'cycles_t {aka long long unsigned int}' [-Wformat=]
 #define KERN_SOH "\001"  /* ASCII Start Of Header */
                  ^
include/linux/kern_levels.h:11:18: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_SOH'
 #define KERN_ERR KERN_SOH "3" /* error conditions */
                  ^
include/linux/printk.h:300:9: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_ERR'
  printk(KERN_ERR pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
         ^
lib/test_find_bit.c:68:2: note: in expansion of macro 'pr_err'
  pr_err("find_next_bit:\t\t%ld cycles,\t%ld iterations\n", cycles, cnt);
  ^
lib/test_find_bit.c: In function 'test_find_next_zero_bit':
include/linux/kern_levels.h:5:18: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'cycles_t {aka long long unsigned int}' [-Wformat=]
 #define KERN_SOH "\001"  /* ASCII Start Of Header */
                  ^
include/linux/kern_levels.h:11:18: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_SOH'
 #define KERN_ERR KERN_SOH "3" /* error conditions */
                  ^
include/linux/printk.h:300:9: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_ERR'
  printk(KERN_ERR pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
         ^
lib/test_find_bit.c:82:2: note: in expansion of macro 'pr_err'
  pr_err("find_next_zero_bit:\t%ld cycles,\t%ld iterations\n",
  ^
lib/test_find_bit.c: In function 'test_find_last_bit':
include/linux/kern_levels.h:5:18: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'cycles_t {aka long long unsigned int}' [-Wformat=]
 #define KERN_SOH "\001"  /* ASCII Start Of Header */
                  ^
include/linux/kern_levels.h:11:18: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_SOH'
 #define KERN_ERR KERN_SOH "3" /* error conditions */
                  ^
include/linux/printk.h:300:9: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_ERR'
  printk(KERN_ERR pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
         ^
lib/test_find_bit.c:102:2: note: in expansion of macro 'pr_err'
  pr_err("find_last_bit:\t\t%ld cycles,\t%ld iterations\n", cycles, cnt);
  ^

Introduced by commit

  09588b1f1d58 ("lib: test module for find_*_bit() functions")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell