Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the i2c tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:02:35 +1100

Hi Wolfram,

After merging the i2c tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/i2c/i2c-core-base.c: In function 'get_scl_gpio_value':
drivers/i2c/i2c-core-base.c:137:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpiod_get_value_cansleep' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  return gpiod_get_value_cansleep(adap->bus_recovery_info->scl_gpiod);
         ^
drivers/i2c/i2c-core-base.c: In function 'set_scl_gpio_value':
drivers/i2c/i2c-core-base.c:142:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpiod_set_value_cansleep' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  gpiod_set_value_cansleep(adap->bus_recovery_info->scl_gpiod, val);
  ^

Caused by commit

  3991c5c80bea ("i2c: Switch to using gpiod interface for gpio bus recovery")

It is declared in include/linux/gpio/consumer.h which is not directly
included by drivers/i2c/i2c-core-base.c ...

I have used the i2c tree from next-20171127 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell