Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the printk tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 09:23:19 +1100

Hi Petr,

Today's linux-next merge of the printk tree got a conflict in:

  scripts/checkpatch.pl

between commit:

  7b1924a1d930 ("vsprintf: add printk specifier %px")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  1df7338ac965 ("checkpatch: add pF/pf deprecation warning")

from the printk tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc scripts/checkpatch.pl
index 31031f10fe56,0bb68e7ff173..000000000000
--- a/scripts/checkpatch.pl
+++ b/scripts/checkpatch.pl
@@@ -5753,7 -5753,7 +5753,7 @@@ sub process 
  		        for (my $count = $linenr; $count <= $lc; $count++) {
  				my $fmt = get_quoted_string($lines[$count - 1], raw_line($count, 0));
  				$fmt =~ s/%%//g;
- 				if ($fmt =~ /(\%[\*\d\.]*p(?![\WFfSsBKRraEhMmIiUDdgVCbGNOx]).)/) {
 -				if ($fmt =~ /(\%[\*\d\.]*p(?![\WSsBKRraEhMmIiUDdgVCbGNO]).)/) {
++				if ($fmt =~ /(\%[\*\d\.]*p(?![\WSsBKRraEhMmIiUDdgVCbGNOx]).)/) {
  					$bad_extension = $1;
  					last;
  				}