Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pci tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 10:51:14 +1100

Hi Bjorn,

After merging the pci tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/pci/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c: In function 'dw_pcie_ep_raise_msi_irq':
drivers/pci/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c:293:8: error: too few arguments to function 'dw_pcie_ep_map_addr'
  ret = dw_pcie_ep_map_addr(epc, ep->msi_mem_phys, msg_addr,
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/pci/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c:177:12: note: declared here
 static int dw_pcie_ep_map_addr(struct pci_epc *epc, u8 func_no,
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/pci/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c:300:2: error: too few arguments to function 'dw_pcie_ep_unmap_addr'
  dw_pcie_ep_unmap_addr(epc, ep->msi_mem_phys);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/pci/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c:161:13: note: declared here
 static void dw_pcie_ep_unmap_addr(struct pci_epc *epc, u8 func_no,
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  4494738de0d9 ("PCI: endpoint: Add the function number as argument to EPC ops")

interacting with commit

  6f6d7873711c ("PCI: designware-ep: Add generic function for raising MSI irq")

This should have been fixed up in commit

  26b259ab4fe8 ("Merge remote-tracking branch 'lorenzo/pci/dwc' into next")

I have used the pci tree from next-20180131 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell