Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:54:34 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/intel/boards/cht_bsw_nau8824.c: In function 'cht_codec_init':
sound/soc/intel/boards/cht_bsw_nau8824.c:137:29: error: passing argument 1 of 'nau8824_enable_jack_detect' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  nau8824_enable_jack_detect(codec, jack);
                             ^~~~~
In file included from sound/soc/intel/boards/cht_bsw_nau8824.c:31:0:
sound/soc/intel/boards/../../codecs/nau8824.h:474:5: note: expected 'struct snd_soc_component *' but argument is of type 'struct snd_soc_codec *'
 int nau8824_enable_jack_detect(struct snd_soc_component *component,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  5b00ce63e07f ("ASoC: Intel: add nau8824 sound card")

I have used the sound-asoc tree from next-20180301 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell