Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 20:51:19 +1100

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (lots of
configuations) failed like this:

(from the i386 defconfig build)

In file included from include/linux/memcontrol.h:29:0,
                 from include/linux/swap.h:9,
                 from include/linux/suspend.h:5,
                 from arch/x86/kernel/asm-offsets.c:13:
include/linux/mm.h: In function 'get_mm_hiwater_rss':
include/linux/mm.h:1569:9: error: first argument to '__builtin_choose_expr' not a constant
include/linux/mm.h: In function 'get_mm_hiwater_vm':
include/linux/mm.h:1574:9: error: first argument to '__builtin_choose_expr' not a constant

and many more ...

Caused by commit

  c7c133f3d5ff ("kernel.h: skip single-eval logic on literals in min()/max()")
(and perhaps the folloups)

Just a few of my builds actaully worked (including those I do
during the day).  For complete logs see
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/head/13556/ .

I guess it could be compiler version specific.  The failing ones are
done with gcc 4.6.3.  My successful ones with gcc 7.3.1.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell