Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Mar 13

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 07:48:32 +1100

Hi Dominik,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 18:52:05 +0100 Dominik Brodowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> would it be possible to have
> 
>    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/brodo/linux.git syscalls-next
> 
> added to -next? This will probably only be for one or two release cycles,
> but it might easen the development process of that patch series.

Added from today.  I put it near the start since Linus said he may take
(some of) it this release.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]