Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the asm-generic tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 09:42:01 +1100

Hi Arnd,

Today's linux-next merge of the asm-generic tree got a conflict in:

  arch/blackfin/kernel/bfin_ksyms.c

between commit:

  4d9c7a5907dd ("kbuild: rename built-in.o to built-in.a")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  e7e57f690e38 ("arch: remove blackfin port")

from the asm-generic tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell