Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the sparc-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:43:55 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:

  mm/memory.c

between commit:

  ca827d55ebaa ("mm, swap: Add infrastructure for saving page metadata on swap")

from the sparc-next tree and commit:

  f2986f002986 ("mm: don't expose page to fast gup before it's ready")

from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (please check, I just did the obvious fix up - see below)
and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc mm/memory.c
index aed37325d94e,e0ae4999c824..000000000000
--- a/mm/memory.c
+++ b/mm/memory.c
@@@ -3052,8 -3035,6 +3035,7 @@@ int do_swap_page(struct vm_fault *vmf
  	flush_icache_page(vma, page);
  	if (pte_swp_soft_dirty(vmf->orig_pte))
  		pte = pte_mksoft_dirty(pte);
- 	set_pte_at(vma->vm_mm, vmf->address, vmf->pte, pte);
 +	arch_do_swap_page(vma->vm_mm, vma, vmf->address, pte, vmf->orig_pte);
  	vmf->orig_pte = pte;
  
  	/* ksm created a completely new copy */