Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the userns tree with the fuse tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 17:26:58 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the userns tree got a conflict in:

  fs/fuse/dev.c

between commits:

  dbf107b2a7f3 ("fuse: Remove the buggy retranslation of pids in fuse_dev_do_read")
  c9582eb0ff7d ("fuse: Fail all requests with invalid uids or gids")
  8cb08329b080 ("fuse: Support fuse filesystems outside of init_user_ns")

from the fuse tree and commits:

  dbf107b2a7f3 ("fuse: Remove the buggy retranslation of pids in fuse_dev_do_read")
  c9582eb0ff7d ("fuse: Fail all requests with invalid uids or gids")
  8cb08329b080 ("fuse: Support fuse filesystems outside of init_user_ns")

from the userns tree.

These commits seem to have been rebased in the fuse tree on top of

  3b7008b226f3 ("fuse: return -ECONNABORTED on /dev/fuse read after abort")

and modified a bit.

I fixed it up (I used the fuse tree version, but please come to
some arrangement about which is correct) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell