Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree with the jc_docs tree

From: Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 09:41:17 -0400

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 09:21:08 +1100
Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I can repost the whole thing as v10, or whatever makes sense here.  
> 
> Thanks, I assume that they apply on top of the jc_docs tree as well
> (git://git.lwn.net/linux.git#docs-next).  If so, then I can use them as
> merge resolutions, or Steve can rebase his tree (minus your old
> patches) on top of the (hopefully unchanging) jc_docs tree and then he
> could apply your patches there.

Too late for a rebase. I've already run it through my tests and posted,
I don't rebase anything that goes to linux-next unless there's a really
good reason to do so. I don't think this is one.

I'll just make sure Linus knows about it and have a link to point to
the proper end results. He's stated he's fine with those kinds of
solutions. And since this is only a documentation conflict, we don't
need to worry about mistakes causing subtle behavior with the kernel.

-- Steve