Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:25:03 +1100

Hi Martin,

After merging the scsi-mkp tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c: In function 'qla24xx_async_gnnft_done':
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c:3974:7: error: 'fc4type' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'fc4type_t'?
  if ((fc4type == FC4_TYPE_FCP_SCSI) && vha->flags.nvme_enabled)
       ^~~~~~~
       fc4type_t
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c:3974:7: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c:3975:3: error: too few arguments to function 'qla24xx_async_gpnft'
   qla24xx_async_gpnft(vha, FC4_TYPE_NVME);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_def.h:4633:0,
                 from drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c:7:
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gbl.h:661:5: note: declared here
 int qla24xx_async_gpnft(scsi_qla_host_t *, u8, srb_t *);
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  33b28357dd00 ("scsi: qla2xxx: Fix Async GPN_FT for FCP and FC-NVMe scan")

interacting with commit

  2b5b96473efc ("scsi: qla2xxx: Fix FC-NVMe LUN discovery")

from Linus' tree.

I have added the following merge fix patch for today. Unfortunately it
produces this warning, so a better merge resolution is needed ...

drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c: In function 'qla24xx_async_gnnft_done':
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c:3974:9: warning: 'rp' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  if ((rp->fc4type == FC4_TYPE_FCP_SCSI) && vha->flags.nvme_enabled)
       ~~^~~~~~~~~

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:09:38 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] scsi: qla2xxx: merge fix in qla_gs.c

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c b/drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c
index f84807e850c3..d33f4619332e 100644
--- a/drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c
+++ b/drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_gs.c
@@ -3971,8 +3971,8 @@ void qla24xx_async_gnnft_done(scsi_qla_host_t *vha, srb_t *sp)
 	vha->scan.scan_flags &= ~SF_SCANNING;
 	spin_unlock_irqrestore(&vha->work_lock, flags);
 
-	if ((fc4type == FC4_TYPE_FCP_SCSI) && vha->flags.nvme_enabled)
-		qla24xx_async_gpnft(vha, FC4_TYPE_NVME);
+	if ((rp->fc4type == FC4_TYPE_FCP_SCSI) && vha->flags.nvme_enabled)
+		qla24xx_async_gpnft(vha, FC4_TYPE_NVME, NULL);
 }
 
 static void qla2x00_find_free_fcp_nvme_slot(struct scsi_qla_host *vha,
-- 
2.16.1

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell