Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the kvm-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 16:02:54 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got conflicts in:

  arch/x86/kernel/kvm.c

between commit:

  17a1079d9c63 ("KVM: x86: Fix pv tlb flush dependencies")

from the kvm-fixes tree and commit:

  6beacf74c257 ("KVM: X86: Don't use PV TLB flush with dedicated physical CPUs")

from the kvm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/x86/kernel/kvm.c
index fae86e36e399,4ccbff63cb86..000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/kernel/kvm.c
+++ b/arch/x86/kernel/kvm.c
@@@ -546,7 -546,8 +546,8 @@@ static void __init kvm_guest_init(void
  	}
  
  	if (kvm_para_has_feature(KVM_FEATURE_PV_TLB_FLUSH) &&
+ 	    !kvm_para_has_hint(KVM_HINTS_DEDICATED) &&
 -	    !kvm_para_has_feature(KVM_FEATURE_STEAL_TIME))
 +	    kvm_para_has_feature(KVM_FEATURE_STEAL_TIME))
  		pv_mmu_ops.flush_tlb_others = kvm_flush_tlb_others;
  
  	if (kvm_para_has_feature(KVM_FEATURE_PV_EOI))
@@@ -635,7 -641,8 +641,8 @@@ static __init int kvm_setup_pv_tlb_flus
  	int cpu;
  
  	if (kvm_para_has_feature(KVM_FEATURE_PV_TLB_FLUSH) &&
+ 	    !kvm_para_has_hint(KVM_HINTS_DEDICATED) &&
 -	    !kvm_para_has_feature(KVM_FEATURE_STEAL_TIME)) {
 +	    kvm_para_has_feature(KVM_FEATURE_STEAL_TIME)) {
  		for_each_possible_cpu(cpu) {
  			zalloc_cpumask_var_node(per_cpu_ptr(&__pv_tlb_mask, cpu),
  				GFP_KERNEL, cpu_to_node(cpu));