Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the nvdimm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 16:30:07 +1000

Hi Andrew,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got a conflict in:

  fs/dax.c

between commit:

  fab6964f22b9 ("mm, fs, dax: handle layout changes to pinned dax mappings")

which was removed from the nvdimm tree today and patch:

  "page cache: use xa_lock"

from the akpm tree.

I fixed it up (I removed the dax_layout_busy_page() function) and can
carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell