Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 12:55:34 +1000

Hi Al,

On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 03:19:56 +0100 Al Viro <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > > Caused by commit
> > > 
> > >   92afc556e622 ("buffer.c: call thaw_super during emergency thaw")
> > > 
> > > I have reverted that commit for today.  
> > 
> > I am still doing that revert ...  
> 
> That's interesting, seeing that this commit is *not* in #for-next and
> 08fdc8a0138a should not have that problem...

I do the revert by applying a reverse patch (initially generated by a
"git revert").  That reverse patch still applies cleanly, so I have no
easy way to tell that this problem has been fixed (except by trying
without the reverse patch each day - which would add a significant cost
to my work as that patch touches linux/fs.h).

Anyway, thanks for letting me know, I will remove the reverse patch
from tomorrow.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell