Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the pm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 11:24:38 +1000

Hi Rafael,

After merging the pm tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

kernel/time/tick-sched.c: In function 'tick_nohz_idle_exit':
kernel/time/tick-sched.c:1162:3: warning: 'now' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   __tick_nohz_idle_restart_tick(ts, now);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kernel/time/tick-sched.c:1146:10: note: 'now' was declared here
  ktime_t now;
          ^~~

This appears to be a false positive.

And another in the x86_64 allmodconfig build:

kernel/time/tick-sched.c: In function 'tick_nohz_idle_exit':
kernel/time/tick-sched.c:538:2: warning: 'now' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  update_ts_time_stats(smp_processor_id(), ts, now, NULL);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kernel/time/tick-sched.c:1146:10: note: 'now' was declared here
  ktime_t now;
          ^~~

also looks like a false positive.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell