Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the bpf tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:30:00 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the bpf tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

kernel/bpf/core.o: In function `sock_map_release':
core.c:(.text+0xd04): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
kernel/events/core.o: In function `sock_map_release':
core.c:(.text+0x85cc): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
block/blk-core.o: In function `sock_map_release':
blk-core.c:(.text+0x58e8): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
drivers/net/virtio_net.o: In function `sock_map_release':
virtio_net.c:(.text+0x53ec): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
net/core/dev.o: In function `sock_map_release':
dev.c:(.text+0x6c68): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
net/core/rtnetlink.o: In function `sock_map_release':
rtnetlink.c:(.text+0x63e0): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
net/core/filter.o: In function `sock_map_release':
filter.c:(.text+0x8c8c): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
net/core/sock_reuseport.o: In function `sock_map_release':
sock_reuseport.c:(.text+0x398): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
net/bpf/test_run.o: In function `sock_map_release':
test_run.c:(.text+0x3dc): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here
net/packet/af_packet.o: In function `sock_map_release':
af_packet.c:(.text+0x6958): multiple definition of `sock_map_release'
kernel/sysctl.o:sysctl.c:(.text+0x1a50): first defined here

Caused by commit

  9b2e8bbc4e7a ("bpf: sockmap, map_release does not hold refcnt for pinned maps")

I applied the following patch for today:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:27:24 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] fix for "bpf: sockmap, map_release does not hold refcnt for
 pinned maps"

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 include/linux/bpf.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/include/linux/bpf.h b/include/linux/bpf.h
index f46561de5154..3b6c2b66f414 100644
--- a/include/linux/bpf.h
+++ b/include/linux/bpf.h
@@ -660,7 +660,7 @@ static inline int sock_map_prog(struct bpf_map *map,
 	return -EOPNOTSUPP;
 }
 
-void sock_map_release(struct bpf_map *map) {}
+static inline void sock_map_release(struct bpf_map *map) {}
 #endif
 
 /* verifier prototypes for helper functions called from eBPF programs */
-- 
2.16.3

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell