Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 09:51:13 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c: In function 'skl_fill_sink_instance_id':
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c:833:45: error: 'struct skl_kpb_params' has no member named 'u'
   struct skl_mod_inst_map *inst = kpb_params->u.map;
                                             ^~
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c: In function 'skl_tplg_find_moduleid_from_uuid':
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c:953:17: error: 'struct skl_kpb_params' has no member named 'u'
     &uuid_params->u.map_uuid[i].mod_uuid);
                 ^~
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c:959:10: error: 'struct skl_kpb_params' has no member named 'u'
    params->u.map[i].mod_id = module_id;
          ^~
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c:960:10: error: 'struct skl_kpb_params' has no member named 'u'
    params->u.map[i].inst_id =
          ^~
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c:961:16: error: 'struct skl_kpb_params' has no member named 'u'
     uuid_params->u.map_uuid[i].inst_id;
                ^~
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c: At top level:
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c:3544:5: error: conflicting types for 'skl_tplg_init'
 int skl_tplg_init(struct snd_soc_component *component, struct hdac_ext_bus *ebus)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.c:27:0:
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.h:463:5: note: previous declaration of 'skl_tplg_init' was here
 int skl_tplg_init(struct snd_soc_platform *platform,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-pcm.c: In function 'skl_populate_modules':
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-pcm.c:1351:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'skl_tplg_add_moduleid_in_bind_params'; did you mean 'skl_tplg_update_pipe_params'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    skl_tplg_add_moduleid_in_bind_params(skl, w);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    skl_tplg_update_pipe_params
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-pcm.c: In function 'skl_platform_soc_probe':
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-pcm.c:1372:23: error: passing argument 1 of 'skl_tplg_init' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
   ret = skl_tplg_init(component, ebus);
                       ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-pcm.c:28:0:
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-topology.h:463:5: note: expected 'struct snd_soc_platform *' but argument is of type 'struct snd_soc_component *'
 int skl_tplg_init(struct snd_soc_platform *platform,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  81e9b0a07889 ("ASoC: topology: Give more data to clients via callbacks")

I have used the sound-aoc tree from next-20180416 again today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell