Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rpmsg tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:33:10 +1000

Hi Bjorn,

After merging the rpmsg tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_core.c: In function 'rproc_handle_devmem':
drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_core.c:557:8: error: implicit declaration of function 'iommu_map_sync'; did you mean 'iommu_map_sg'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  ret = iommu_map_sync(rproc->domain, rsc->da,
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        iommu_map_sg
drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_core.c: In function 'rproc_resource_cleanup':
drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_core.c:845:14: error: implicit declaration of function 'iommu_unmap_sync'; did you mean 'iommu_unmap_fast'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   unmapped = iommu_unmap_sync(rproc->domain, entry->da,
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              iommu_unmap_fast

Caused by commit

  aace25b18cbd ("remoteproc: Use sychronized interface of the IOMMU-API")

I suspect that part of the commit is missing ...

I have use the rpmsg tree from next-20180424 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell