Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the qcom tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:52:55 +1000

Hi Evan,

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 03:39:25 +0000 Evan Green <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Guenter and I had a fix for compile test here, which had failures that
> looked similar:
> 
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/18/752

That looks like it could very well be the problem/solution.

> I was hoping to verify myself whether or not this fixed allmodconfig, but
> my machine at home is not so fast, and I must be missing something, either
> in the configuration or the tree. Which tree exactly are you building?

I was attempting to compile my partial linux-next for today after
merging the qcom tree.  So once I release linux-next, it will be commit
a72d0aa48d2e ("Merge remote-tracking branch 'omap/for-next'") plus a
merge of the qcom tree
(git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agross/linux.git#for-next
- which today meant commit c78d6951a806 ("Merge branch 'soc-for-4.18'
into all-for-4.18")).

I suspect that just Linus' tree merged with the qcom tree would have
been enough to cause the failure.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell