Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the rdma tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 09:40:43 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the rdma tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c: In function 'fill_res_qp_entry':
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:162:6: warning: 'last_rq_idx' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  if (fill_swrqe(msg, rq, last_idx, last_rqe))
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:180:20: note: 'last_rq_idx' was declared here
  u16 first_rq_idx, last_rq_idx;
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:158:6: warning: 'first_rq_idx' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  if (fill_swrqe(msg, rq, first_idx, first_rqe))
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:180:6: note: 'first_rq_idx' was declared here
  u16 first_rq_idx, last_rq_idx;
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:129:6: warning: 'last_sq_idx' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  if (fill_swsqe(msg, sq, last_idx, last_sqe))
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:179:20: note: 'last_sq_idx' was declared here
  u16 first_sq_idx, last_sq_idx;
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:125:6: warning: 'first_sq_idx' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  if (fill_swsqe(msg, sq, first_idx, first_sqe))
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/restrack.c:179:6: note: 'first_sq_idx' was declared here
  u16 first_sq_idx, last_sq_idx;
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  056f9c7f39bf ("iw_cxgb4: dump detailed driver-specific QP information")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell