Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the jc_docs tree

From: Jonathan Corbet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 11:11:36 -0600

On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:53:28 +0200
Andrea Parri <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Now that I look a little closer, I think the real issue is that the
> > "features" documentation assumes that there's a Kconfig option for each,
> > but there isn't in this case.  The lack of a Kconfig option does not,
> > this time around, imply that the feature has gone away.
> > 
> > I think that I should probably revert this patch in the short term.
> > Longer-term, it would be good to have an alternative syntax for "variable
> > set in the arch headers" to describe situations like this.  
> 
> Both matters were discussed during v1:
> 
>   http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
> 
> ... (and the glory details are documented in features-refresh.sh ;-) ).

So I'll admit to being confused, since I don't see discussion of the
actual topic at hand.

> As I suggested above, simply reverting this patch will leave this file,
> (and only this file!) out-of-date (and won't resolve the conflict with
> Laurent's patch ...).

Reverting this patch retains the updates from earlier in the series, and
does indeed make the conflict go away, so I'm still confused.  What am I
missing?

Thanks,

jon