Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the jc_docs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 20:25:26 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:

  Documentation/features/vm/pte_special/arch-support.txt

between commit:

  2bef69a385b4 ("Documentation/features/vm: Remove arch support status file for 'pte_special'")

from the jc_docs tree and commit:

  1099dc900e93 ("mm: introduce ARCH_HAS_PTE_SPECIAL")

from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the file, so I did that) and can
carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

BTW, it would be nice if the the question "Why was this file removed?" was
answered by that jc_docs commit message ...  I actually wonder if this
file needs to return (I have no way of knowing).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell