Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 13:46:36 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/nvme/host/core.c

between commit:

  12d9f07022dc ("nvme: fix use-after-free in nvme_free_ns_head")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  d9cf21bae6cf ("nvme: Avoid flush dependency in delete controller flow")

from the rcu tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/nvme/host/core.c
index 99b857e5a7a9,c3cea8a29843..000000000000
--- a/drivers/nvme/host/core.c
+++ b/drivers/nvme/host/core.c
@@@ -351,8 -349,7 +351,8 @@@ static void nvme_free_ns_head(struct kr
  	nvme_mpath_remove_disk(head);
  	ida_simple_remove(&head->subsys->ns_ida, head->instance);
  	list_del_init(&head->entry);
- 	cleanup_srcu_struct(&head->srcu);
+ 	cleanup_srcu_struct_quiesced(&head->srcu);
 +	nvme_put_subsystem(head->subsys);
  	kfree(head);
  }