Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 14

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 22:40:06 +1000

Hi Andy,

On Mon, 14 May 2018 10:26:07 +0300 Andy Shevchenko <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hmm... It seems my message was buried in the pile of the thread WRT
> fixes branches.

No, I just didn't read enough email early enough this morning.

> Please, add our PDx86 fixes branch as well:
> git://git.infradead.org/linux-platform-drivers-x86.git fixes

Added from tomorrow (called drivers-x86-fixes).

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

BTW, the drivers-x86 tree I have is

https://github.com/dvhart/linux-pdx86.git#for-next

and the contact is Darren Hart.  Is that expected?
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]