Subject: Re: linux-next: a new pending-fixes branch

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 06:46:26 +1000

Hi Sasha,

On Thu, 17 May 2018 17:42:49 +0000 Sasha Levin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 02:35:23PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >As an outcome of some discussion, I have added a pending-fixes branch
> >to linux-next.  This branch contains Linus' tree merged with branches
> >containing only fixes pending for the current release.  The branch is a
> >strict subset of linux-next each day (as so rebases like linux-next
> >does).  
> 
> will you be keeping a history of this branch like the linux-next history
> tree?

I hadn't intended to.  Do you think it would be useful/necessary?  The
commits themselves will be in the linux-next history tree, just not a
separate branch name.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell