Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-intel-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 19:26:05 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm-intel-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (i386
defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/asm-generic/barrier.h:20:0,
                 from arch/x86/include/asm/barrier.h:86,
                 from include/linux/nospec.h:8,
                 from drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_query.c:7:
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_query.c: In function 'i915_query_ioctl':
include/linux/compiler.h:339:38: error: call to '__compiletime_assert_119' declared with attribute error: BUILD_BUG_ON failed: sizeof(_s) > sizeof(long)
  _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __LINE__)
                                      ^
include/linux/compiler.h:319:4: note: in definition of macro '__compiletime_assert'
    prefix ## suffix();    \
    ^~~~~~
include/linux/compiler.h:339:2: note: in expansion of macro '_compiletime_assert'
  _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __LINE__)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/build_bug.h:45:37: note: in expansion of macro 'compiletime_assert'
 #define BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(cond, msg) compiletime_assert(!(cond), msg)
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/build_bug.h:69:2: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG'
  BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(condition, "BUILD_BUG_ON failed: " #condition)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/nospec.h:55:2: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_BUG_ON'
  BUILD_BUG_ON(sizeof(_i) > sizeof(long));   \
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_query.c:118:15: note: in expansion of macro 'array_index_nospec'
    func_idx = array_index_nospec(func_idx,
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  540ead8c5a0e ("drm/i915/query: Protect tainted function pointer lookup")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell
_______________________________________________
Intel-gfx mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/intel-gfx