Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the nfc-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:19:54 +1000

Hi Samuel,

After merging the nfc-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c: In function 'fdp_nci_open':
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c:250:17: warning: unused variable 'dev' [-Wunused-variable]
  struct device *dev = &info->phy->i2c_dev->dev;
                 ^~~
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c: In function 'fdp_nci_close':
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c:260:17: warning: unused variable 'dev' [-Wunused-variable]
  struct device *dev = &info->phy->i2c_dev->dev;
                 ^~~
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c: In function 'fdp_nci_send':
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c:268:17: warning: unused variable 'dev' [-Wunused-variable]
  struct device *dev = &info->phy->i2c_dev->dev;
                 ^~~
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c: In function 'fdp_nci_recv_frame':
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c:279:17: warning: unused variable 'dev' [-Wunused-variable]
  struct device *dev = &info->phy->i2c_dev->dev;
                 ^~~
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c: In function 'fdp_nci_core_reset_ntf_packet':
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c:602:17: warning: unused variable 'dev' [-Wunused-variable]
  struct device *dev = &info->phy->i2c_dev->dev;
                 ^~~
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c: In function 'fdp_nci_prop_patch_ntf_packet':
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c:614:17: warning: unused variable 'dev' [-Wunused-variable]
  struct device *dev = &info->phy->i2c_dev->dev;
                 ^~~
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c: In function 'fdp_nci_remove':
drivers/nfc/fdp/fdp.c:789:17: warning: unused variable 'dev' [-Wunused-variable]
  struct device *dev = &info->phy->i2c_dev->dev;
                 ^~~

Introduced by commit

  7579d009c4a1 ("NFC: fdp: Remove __func__ from dev_dbg()")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell