Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:43:35 +1000

Hi Andrew,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:

  fs/ocfs2/journal.c

between commit:

  6396bb221514 ("treewide: kzalloc() -> kcalloc()")

from Linus' tree and commits:

  18dc5b7810ff ("ocfs2: without quota support, avoid calling quota recovery")
  aa935a9c155b ("ocfs2-without-quota-support-try-to-avoid-calling-quota-recovery-checkpatch-fixes")

from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (the latter akpm-current commit also did the kzalloc to
kcalloc conversion, so I just used that version) and can carry the fix
as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but
any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell