Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the cifs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:15:31 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the cifs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

fs/cifs/smb2ops.c: In function 'smb311_queryfs':
fs/cifs/smb2ops.c:1543:11: error: 'struct cifs_tcon' has no member named 'posix_extensions'
  if (!tcon->posix_extensions)
           ^~
At top level:
fs/cifs/smb2ops.c:1534:1: warning: 'smb311_queryfs' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 smb311_queryfs(const unsigned int xid, struct cifs_tcon *tcon,
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

   ("smb3: add support for statfs for smb3.1.1 posix extensions")

# CONFIG_CIFS_SMB311 is not set

I have used the cifs tree from next-20180622 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell