Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:17:37 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the scsi-mkp tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/spinlock_types.h:18:0,
                 from include/linux/spinlock.h:82,
                 from drivers/scsi/libfc/fc_rport.c:61:
drivers/scsi/libfc/fc_rport.c: In function 'fc_rport_recv_req':
include/linux/lockdep.h:347:45: warning: 'rdata' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
 #define lockdep_is_held(lock)  lock_is_held(&(lock)->dep_map)
                                             ^
drivers/scsi/libfc/fc_rport.c:1832:24: note: 'rdata' was declared here
  struct fc_rport_priv *rdata;
                        ^~~~~

Introduced by commit

  ee35624e1e4e ("scsi: libfc: Add lockdep annotations")

It is actually complaining about function fc_rport_recv_plogi_req()
(presumably it is being inlined) and this looks like an actual bug :-(

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell