Subject: Re: next-20180723 build: 2 failures 11 warnings (next-20180723)

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:11:50 +0100

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 05:59:12PM +0100, Build bot for Mark Brown wrote:

Today's -next fails to build an arm64 allmodconfig with:

> 	arm64-allmodconfig
> ERROR: "__sync_icache_dcache" [drivers/xen/xen-privcmd.ko] undefined!

using

   aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (Linaro GCC 5.3-2016.05) 5.3.1 20160412

however it builds perfectly fine with

   aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (Linaro GCC 6.2-2016.11) 6.2.1 20161016

which honestly seems like a sensible and worthwhile upgrade at this
point anyway given that it's a year and a half old so I'm going to do
that for my builder (perhaps even jump on a newer version) but it seemed
worth highlighting in case this is considered undesirable.  A similar
issue is hitting on KernelCI, we should probably look at upgrading the
toolchain there too.
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel