Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the arm64 tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 08:50:15 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the arm64 tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/Makefile

between commits:

  38fc42486775 ("arm64: Use aarch64elf and aarch64elfb emulation mode variants")
  2893af07e507 ("arm64: add endianness option to LDFLAGS instead of LD")
  96f95a17c1cf ("Revert "arm64: Use aarch64elf and aarch64elfb emulation mode variants"")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  c931d34ea085 ("arm64: build with baremetal linker target instead of Linux when available")

from the arm64 tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell