Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the fsi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 16:03:56 +1000

Hi Benjamin,

After merging the fsi tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/printk.h:336:0,
                 from include/linux/kernel.h:14,
                 from include/linux/delay.h:22,
                 from drivers/fsi/fsi-master-ast-cf.c:8:
drivers/fsi/fsi-master-ast-cf.c: In function 'fsi_master_acf_read':
drivers/fsi/fsi-master-ast-cf.c:609:23: warning: format '%u' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 6 has type 'size_t {aka long unsigned int}' [-Wformat=]
  dev_dbg(master->dev, "read id %d addr %x size %ud\n", id, addr, size);
                       ^
include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:135:39: note: in definition of macro 'dynamic_dev_dbg'
   __dynamic_dev_dbg(&descriptor, dev, fmt, \
                                       ^~~
include/linux/device.h:1428:23: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_fmt'
  dynamic_dev_dbg(dev, dev_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
                       ^~~~~~~
drivers/fsi/fsi-master-ast-cf.c:609:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_dbg'
  dev_dbg(master->dev, "read id %d addr %x size %ud\n", id, addr, size);
  ^~~~~~~
drivers/fsi/fsi-master-ast-cf.c: In function 'fsi_master_acf_write':
drivers/fsi/fsi-master-ast-cf.c:634:23: warning: format '%u' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 6 has type 'size_t {aka long unsigned int}' [-Wformat=]
  dev_dbg(master->dev, "write id %d addr %x size %ud raw_data: %08x\n",
                       ^
include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:135:39: note: in definition of macro 'dynamic_dev_dbg'
   __dynamic_dev_dbg(&descriptor, dev, fmt, \
                                       ^~~
include/linux/device.h:1428:23: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_fmt'
  dynamic_dev_dbg(dev, dev_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
                       ^~~~~~~
drivers/fsi/fsi-master-ast-cf.c:634:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_dbg'
  dev_dbg(master->dev, "write id %d addr %x size %ud raw_data: %08x\n",
  ^~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  6a794a27daca ("fsi: master-ast-cf: Add new FSI master using Aspeed ColdFire")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell