Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:56:24 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c: In function 'nvmet_rdma_find_get_device':
drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c:894:26: error: 'struct ib_device_attr' has no member named 'max_sge'; did you mean 'max_cqe'?
     cm_id->device->attrs.max_sge) - 1;
                          ^
drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c:893:21: note: in expansion of macro 'max'
  inline_sge_count = max(cm_id->device->attrs.max_sge_rd,
                     ^~~
In file included from include/linux/list.h:9:0,
                 from include/linux/module.h:9,
                 from drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c:15:
drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c: In function 'nvme_rdma_find_get_device':
drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c:381:23: error: 'struct ib_device_attr' has no member named 'max_sge'; did you mean 'max_cqe'?
      ndev->dev->attrs.max_sge - 1);
                       ^
drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c:380:30: note: in expansion of macro 'min'
  ndev->num_inline_segments = min(NVME_RDMA_MAX_INLINE_SEGMENTS,
                              ^~~

Caused by commits

  64a741c1eaa8 ("nvme-rdma: support up to 4 segments of inline data")
  0d5ee2b2ab4f ("nvmet-rdma: support max(16KB, PAGE_SIZE) inline data")

interacting with commit

  33023fb85a42 ("IB/core: add max_send_sge and max_recv_sge attributes")

from the rdma tree.

I have applied the following merge fix patch for today:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:32:15 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] nvme-dma: merge fix up for replacement of max_sge

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c   | 2 +-
 drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c b/drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c
index cfa0319fcd1c..368fe5ac0c6b 100644
--- a/drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c
+++ b/drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c
@@ -378,7 +378,7 @@ nvme_rdma_find_get_device(struct rdma_cm_id *cm_id)
 	}
 
 	ndev->num_inline_segments = min(NVME_RDMA_MAX_INLINE_SEGMENTS,
-					ndev->dev->attrs.max_sge - 1);
+					ndev->dev->attrs.max_send_sge - 1);
 	list_add(&ndev->entry, &device_list);
 out_unlock:
 	mutex_unlock(&device_list_mutex);
diff --git a/drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c b/drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c
index 86121a7a19b2..8c30ac7d8078 100644
--- a/drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c
+++ b/drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c
@@ -891,7 +891,7 @@ nvmet_rdma_find_get_device(struct rdma_cm_id *cm_id)
 
 	inline_page_count = num_pages(port->inline_data_size);
 	inline_sge_count = max(cm_id->device->attrs.max_sge_rd,
-				cm_id->device->attrs.max_sge) - 1;
+				cm_id->device->attrs.max_send_sge) - 1;
 	if (inline_page_count > inline_sge_count) {
 		pr_warn("inline_data_size %d cannot be supported by device %s. Reducing to %lu.\n",
 			port->inline_data_size, cm_id->device->name,
-- 
2.18.0

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell