Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the v4l-dvb tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 11:49:40 +1000

Hi Mauro,

After merging the v4l-dvb tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

fs/compat_ioctl.c: In function 'do_video_set_spu_palette':
fs/compat_ioctl.c:218:45: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'struct video_spu_palette'
  up_native = compat_alloc_user_space(sizeof(struct video_spu_palette));
                                             ^~~~~~
In file included from include/linux/uaccess.h:14:0,
                 from include/linux/compat.h:19,
                 from fs/compat_ioctl.c:17:
fs/compat_ioctl.c:219:46: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct video_spu_palette'
  err  = put_user(compat_ptr(palp), &up_native->palette);
                                              ^
At top level:
fs/compat_ioctl.c:206:12: warning: 'do_video_set_spu_palette' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int do_video_set_spu_palette(struct file *file,
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  f863ce990030 ("media: dvb: get rid of VIDEO_SET_SPU_PALETTE")

grep is your friend ...

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell