Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the crypto tree with the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:22:53 +1000

Hi Herbert,

Today's linux-next merge of the crypto tree got conflicts in:

  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_main.c
  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/mac-fec.c

between commits:

  16f6e9835bcd ("net: ethernet: freescale: Use generic CRC32 implementation")
  d805f6a86829 ("net: ethernet: fs-enet: Use generic CRC32 implementation")

from the net-next tree and commit:

  5d258b48efbd ("net: ethernet: Use existing define with polynomial")

from the crypto tree.

I fixed it up (I used the net-next tree versions (but kept the rmeoval
of the CRC32_POLY and FEC_CRC_POLY defines) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell