Subject: Re: next/master boot: 179 boots: 11 failed, 167 passed with 1 offline (next-20180731)

From: Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 13:50:27 -0700

On Wed 01 Aug 02:31 PDT 2018, Mark Brown wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 09:50:37PM +0200, Niklas Cassel wrote:
> 
> > I guess it could be a bug that does not trigger on every boot,
> > or it could be a problem in the kernelci infrastructure.
> 
> Infrastructure bugs *tend* to manifest differently to this FWIW, though
> it can never be excluded.

No, that's not an infrastructure issue.

The board did warn about not finding the ath10k firmware, which is
always does, so that's not the issue - in itself. Then nothing happened
for 266 seconds, so my lab decided to terminate the agony.

So this is either an issue with the stability of next-20180731 or with
the specific board.

PS. Today's next did boot successfully on the board.

Regards,
Bjorn